Sunday, September 12, 2010

Broncs, High tops, and Pears

Hi everyone,
Just wanted to fill ya in. It was a very busy, but good weekend for me! I shot rodeo photos Friday afternoon and Saturday morning, went to a going-away party for Kyl Sperry in Van Tassel, Wyo., Saturday afternoon, and Mom and I canned all day today; she's trying to domesticate me!
The rodeo was tons of fun to shoot, until it got too dark. I can tell that I'm still learning, but I could definitely see myself shooting events like rodeo in the future. I really enjoy it.
I'm so glad I made it to the going-away party. It was so nice to see some people I haven't seen in some time, including Kyl, which I'm not sure I'll see him once he packs up and heads for Cody, Wyo., then maybe California.
Canning with Mom went really well. She learnin' me real good! We made some apple pie, applesauce, and canned pears. The apples were from my trees in Wolsey and they're so pretty! I had to take some photos of them. Cheesy, I know. The peeler blew my mind! It was such a simple contraption, but it rocked! I can't imagine peeling all those apples without it. We only had one casualty of all the jars we made. Not so bad, really.
Enjoy the photos!
Love from Brasky,
The Future Mrs. Simmons

This little yellow horse made this kid work at staying aboard. He ended up just short of the buzzer anyway.





She, uh, she missed her goat.


A tough-looking Muley mama and her babies south of Van Tassel, Wyo.


Kyl Sperry on his nice little sorrel mare.




We ran out of seating, so Dad got creative.


Paul Cook flaunted his custom high tops with pride.


A closer look.




The apple corer/peeler is a life saver! It worked so slick...most of the time.






No comments:

Post a Comment