Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Boe's Gift

I just found this photo, so I thought I would share it. When I went to Canada in August, Boe asked me to get him something. Well, I got him something, but it's more for the house, really. I seem to do that a lot.
Anyway, right after we got back from closing on the house, I snuck into the house while he and my dad were having "man time" outside, and put this statue on the mantle in the first room when entering the house just waiting to welcome him home as he enters the door as a first-time home buyer!
I really like it for several reasons.
First, I was welcoming him to our new home (after all, he had now signed all the paperwork and all that junk).
Second, he seems to be welcoming me home all the time from college. It feels that way.
Third, this summer, I waited up all the time waiting to welcome him home from work at about 11 p.m. or midnight, even 2 a.m. one time!
In any case, it's his first time buying a house, our first home together, and it seemed to be the perfect thing for our relationship.
He just grunted. But I'm pretty sure it was a grunt of approval. At least I think so.


Nobody be concerned, the wood paneling will disappear. And soon!
And it's not supposed to be us. We're not that skinny. It's just a nice idea!
Also, none of our horses are that skinny. Or that goofy-looking.

Love,
F. Mrs. Simms

1 comment: