Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Crazy Dogs and Shaggy Horses

Winter is still in full swing in Wolsey, South Dakota. Rocky, as always, hates it terribly.



We have a funny story about Dally and trees. She just recently learned that she is nimbly bimbly enough to jump from the snow bank to this particular tree in our backyard, and then run around from limb to limb. Well, we couldn't find her the other night.
Remember, this is the dog we lost twice before: once under our grainery, and once in the back twenty when she wrapped her tail around some barbed wire. The fun part in all this, too, is that she is in heat. Oh, and Boe is laid up from knee surgery.
So, we're waiting for our little nugget of joy to return. Well, we heard her barking and I ran outside and told Rocky to go find her. He took me to a tree. I shined my flashlight up in the air, and found Dally 20 feet up.

It all started with this.


Chipotle.


Ol' fuzzy Bay Horse. What a cute old man!


See you all in 81 days! Can't wait!

1 comment:

  1. Vanners! I finally figured out how to comment on these darn things! lol! Beautiful photos...I just love them! You need to take more...and if you find that you cannot for some reason, you must ship your camera to me and just simply let me do the work :)! I love the close up of the horsie's nose! Just amazing pictures tho dear! Love you!

    ReplyDelete