Sunday, October 3, 2010

Head in the clouds, literally

Hi all,
It was nearly this time last year, well the end of October, that Boe and Dally returned from Nevada. Oh, happy day! I was just thinking of our life on Laramie Peak in Wyoming. It was such beautiful territory up there, and although the cows were mostly white ol' charolais, there were great photo opportunities. (Can you tell that I am missing my fiancé and dogs right now?)
Below is what I would have blogged if I had been blogging when we lived in Wyoming.
Every morning we would look out the window, thinking it's foggy out. The fog would look distinctly like clouds-because they were. It was pretty neat, really.
I'll have to share our life in Nebraska next. For now, here's our life viewed from 9,000 feet up.
Signing off,
Love from Chadron State,
The Future Mrs. Simmons
Only 237 Days!




Little Dally Lynn. She's such a happy girl!



Buck Walker manned the tractor. Boe, the fourwheeler and gates.






The man of the house and the dog of the house.






So happy. And hairy.


There were mule deer and white tails everywhere! If we didn't see any at least once a day then we didn't leave the house or look out the windows that day.


Our yard was a series of obstacles for the poor deer. Some chose to actually go under fences. Antelope are known to do that, however, lopers aren't too common up there.



When I would pass Governor's rock on my way up there, I knew I was getting close to home. Boe told me the significance of it one time, but he was pretty vague and didn't know the specifics either. Some day we'll know what it's all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment